Background Information and Product Introduction
• An integrated civil complaints handling system was introduced to solve problems such as complex telephone numbers of various agencies of Seoul, long waiting time for phone connection, and public servants’ low productivity caused by handling civil complaints phone calls.
• The various phone numbers of Seoul City and district offices have been integrated into one number, 120. Through one phone call, various inquiries and complaints related to life in Seoul can be handled 24 hours a day quickly and accurately.
• 24 / 7 / 365 continuous operation capable through ISO20000 standardized IT service management system.
• From ‘everyday tips’ such as water complaints, traffic information requests, and cultural events information, to ‘Seoul City major initiatives’ such as eco-mileage and communities, a wide range of areas related to life in Seoul can be consulted.
+ 120 Dasan Call Center counseling information system
The database is constructed of a total of 13,000 Seoul City region massive civil affairs cases. When complaints and inquiries come up, even if it’s not a dedicated worker, a professional counselor can accomodate through the use of the standard counseling database.
+ Counseling Program
Without ommission, counseling and complaints information is received, stored and processed statistically by the program, and the complaints processing information and status process is handled in realtime.
+ 120 Dasan Call Center Smartphone App
Through the app, not only voice calls, SMS, foreign languages, and video counseling are available, but also users can register complaints and read various policies.
+ 120 Dasan Call Center Homepage (Website)
Through the website, key life information can be searched, and sign language counseling reservations, chatting counseling for the hearing impaired can also be submitted
• Voice call counseling - Call 120 and inquire or file complaints
• SMS/MMS counseling - Able to send MMS text messages to within 1,000 letters or images for counseling as well as filing complaints.
• Chat counseling - Service for the hearing / speech impaired. After applying for a chat counseling account through the 120 Dasan Call Center website, it can take place either through the app or website.
• Sign Language counseling - Service for the hearing / speech impaired. If an application for sign language counseling occurs, counseling can be conducted via video call or through agent visit.
• Foreign language counseling - Visitors or foreigners residing in Korea can access counseling by calling 120+9 (In English, Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, and Mongolian)
• Foreigner Happy Call Service - If visitors or foreigners residing in Korea apply for the Foreigner Happy Call Service, foreign language speaking agents can call directly once or twice a week for counseling regarding life in Seoul. (In English, Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, and Mongolian)
• Twitter Counseling - Counseling related to Seoul City and the district offices, can be progressed 24 hours a day through Twitter.
Application Example and Operation Outcome
※ As of June 2014
• High public usage and satisfaction
+ Cumulative total number of counseling : 61 million cases (Daily average : 25,000 cases)
+ Service Satisfaction: 96.0% (Ratio of solved inquiries by first contact : 84.2%)
• Creation of a sign language service to eliminate discrimination against the hearing impaired.
Total accumulated sign language counseling : 139,000 cases (Daily average : 126 cases)
• Creation of SMS counseling service that enables simple inquiry and swift handling
Total accumulated SMS counseling : 5.3 million cases (Daily average : 2,100 cases)
• Creation of foreign language counseling services that provide administrative services to foreigners
Daily average foreign language counseling : 168 cases
• 120 Dasan Call Center operational expertise / know how transfered to various national and international organizations.
120 Dasan Call Center runs a weekly ‘120 onsite program’ for the transfer of 120 Dasan Call Center’s operational expertise. So far,
120 Dasan Call Center has been visited by the central and provincial governments from a total of 50 countries and 800 organizations, including the United States, China, France, Sweden, Russia, Singapore
• Domestic and International Certifications and Awards
+ Call Center IT Service Management System ISO20000 Certification (Sep. 2008, BSI Korea)
+ ISO9001 Call Center Service Management System International Certification (Dec. 2008, NQA Korea)
+ Received Grand Prize for < Customer Satisfaction Management 2009 >, 2 consecutive years in the < Public Administrative Sector > (Jan. 2009, Korea Consumer Forum, Korea Sustainability Assessment)
+ KSQI Korea’s Outstanding Call Center Certification (Mar. 2009 Korea Management Association Consulting)
+ Received the prize for < Korea Human Rights for the Disabled 2010 > (Dec. 2010, Korea Disabled Organization Federation)
• Improved ease of civic life
Citizens, through a single phone number, are able to solve issues regarding life in Seoul.
• Reduction of complaints handling for the call center integrated network member organizations
Members who have to always respond to public inquiries and complaints by phone in addition to existing business, can see the effects of a reduction of complaints handling workload.
• Increased convenience and conflict resolution for multi-cultural families, foreign tourists and foreign workers life
Lack of information, and inquiries about everyday life and institution caused by language barrier of the foreigners can be solved. The prevention of conflict between Koreans and foreigners may have a positive role in enhancing national competitiveness and image.
• Achieve equality of access to information and counseling services via a variety of platforms such as voice call, video call, SMS/MMS, chatting, SNS, etc
• Personal Information Protection Act
• Act on Promotion of Information and Communication Network Utilization and Information Protection
• Act on Special Cases Concerning the Punishment, etc. of Sexual Crimes
• Civil Petitions Treatment Act Enforcement