A Global Leading Knowledge Center for Urban development,
The Seoul Institute, City Diplomacy Research Center
City Diplomacy Research Center (CDRC) was established at The Seoul Institute (SI) in July 2012 to support international cooperation of the Seoul Metropolitan Government (SMG). CDRC conducts studies on how to create and implement strategic plans for sustainable development of the cities, applying the urban development experiences of the SMG. CDRC focuses on Seoul Solutions, Megacity Research and International Cooperation.
The Seoul Institute is closely connected with the Seoul Metropolitan Government (SMG) and international organizations including World Bank, CITYNET, UNESCAP, and UN-Habitat,. We would like to share our experiences accumulated from the fast economic growth of Seoul and take the role as the ‘Solution Bank’ providing customized solutions based on such coordination.
- The Seoul Institue
- Seoul Metropolitan Government
- International Agencies
- Participation of Expert Network
- Collaborationwith other Government Agencies
- Cooperation with the Private
The Seoul Institute is closely connected with the Seoul Metropolitan Government (SMG) and international organizations including World Bank UNESCAP, UN-Habitat, and CITYNET. We would like to share our experiences accumulated from the fast econo- mic growth of Seoul and take the role as the ‘Solution Bank’ providing customized solutions based on such coordination.
GFRC researches on economic development stages and urban infrastructure levels of more than 50 major emerging megacities around the world. At the initial stage, we focus on 7 major cities mostly in Southeast Asia and expects to expand the research works to more cities in the world.
- City Profiling Areas : Emerging Megacities
- 1st scope (2013~2018) : 18 Asian Cities
GFRC also plans to monitor outstanding megacities in the developed areas such as New York, London, Paris, Tokyo, Beijing and so on to analyze their innovative policies and read global trend.
- Monitoring Areas : Developed Megacities
- 1st scope (2013~2018) : 5 Major Global Cities
The Seoul Institute (SI) is establishing various collaborative networks with domestic and international agencies to strengthen its global capacity in dealing with urban problems .
Megacity Think-Tank Alliance (MeTTA)
The role and influence of megacities are expected to grow in the global community, but only a few cities have the resource to analyze and deal with the problems of their cities. The SI attempts to form a Think-Tank alliance to take the initiative in dealing with the urban issues in the research area.
- MeTTA plans to hold an annual academic conference of themes selected by the host city for a long-lasting constructive engagement.
- Beijing, Singapore, Ulaanbaatar, Shanghai, Yangon, Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang are invited, and more are expected to join.
Contact to Us
- Direct Call : +82-2-2149-1422
- e-mail : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org